Monday, May 28, 2012

Saint Kanakadasa's Songs

Adigeyanu madabekanna Ah my brother, I have to do some cooking
Ajnanigala Better to be at odds with the wise
Arigadaru It won't spare anybody
Aru hitavaru Don't be fooled and think 'That man wishes me well'
Aruballaru Hariharadigala Who could ever comprehend
How great Shiva and Vishnu are?
Badukidenu I am saved now I am saved
Bagilanu Kindly open the door
Bandevayya O money-lender we have come
Bhajisi badukelo Listen, people, get a life
Bombeyatavanadiside While Brahma and Shiva
Dasadasara I'm the son of a servant woman
Dasanagabeku sadasjovama Be a servant of Sadashiva
Dhareya bhogavanu Be careful, man
Eke nadugide O lovely lady Mother Earth
Ellaru maduvudu The things people do for their bellies!
Enandu kondare How shall I praise you
Enna kanda halliya hanuma Hey little kid, village Hanuman
Enu illada dinada Life lasts only a couple of days
Huva karuvara Me, I bring grass to the house of my betters
Hyange ni dasanadi How, O animal, did you become a dasa?
Ishtudina I used to think and say 'Vaikuntha is far far away'
Japava madidarenu So what if you say a mantra
Kande na tandatandada I saw the gods assembled
Kattava Even if you go to all sorts of trouble
Kelirai shivasharanaru I'm afraid to say it
Kula kula kulavendu Don't break your clan into warring factions
Kula kula kulavennu People often speak of 'Our community'
Maganinda gatiyunte Can you really get release
Mumana Will intelligent folk lodge
Mutta bandide A precious pearl has come
Nandinda I've come to this earth
Nannavva kalla bide Mama let me use the stone
Narayana emba namada The seed is 'Narayana'
Navu kurubaru nannu We are the Kuruba shepherd folk
Ni vayiyilaga Are you inside illusion
Prachina karmavada Man O man if past acts don't stop
Ramanujare namo namo O Ramanuja, incarnation of Lakshmana
Sadhu sajjana Satyagunakidirunte What could prevail against folks with devotion
Sahaja This statement is true
Saku saku Enough, enough of this serving fellow humans
Satyavantara When you have the fine companionship
Shiva Shiva Shiva enniro O people of the three worlds
Tallanisadiru Wait a minute mind
Tanu ninnadu It's all part of you
Varakavigala The mediocre man should never show off
Varava Bless me to be in your good graces
Vishvalokesha vishvalokesha Lord of all the universe
Yadavaraya brindavanalola O Madusudana!
Yake ninilli pavadiside O Pashchima Ranganatha
Yamadutarinnenu Lord of Lakshmi
Yelli nodidaralli Wherever I Look I see Rama

No comments:

Post a Comment